Southwest Sweet Pepper Salad
This colourful salad is so easy and a great addition to an outdoor picnic or barbecue. You can prepare everything ahead of time and put it together when you’re almost ready to start eating.
What you need:
- Red, orange, or yellow sweet bell peppers, sliced lengthwise (green peppers aren’t recommended as they tend to have a stronger flavour that would overpower everything else)
- Green onion, roughly chopped
- Grated old cheddar cheese (or Monterrey Jack, if you prefer)
- Old Dutch Barbecue Corn Chips (essential!)
- Catalina or Russian bottled salad dressing
What you do:
Put prepared veggies in a salad bowl, add cheese and toss.
A few minutes before serving, add corn chips and salad dressing, toss again. Serve and get ready for compliments to the “chef.”
Thank you Nina Sedorova for this submission.