Mount Pleasant’s Outdoor Pool Update
At May’s board meeting we voted as a board to keep the pool closed for the season due to concerns about our ability to maintain social distancing in change rooms and washrooms. We also had concerns about changing restrictions, the possibility of a 2nd wave (the risk of having to close mid-season due to changes) or being exposed to potential liability and any implications on cost that would have to the MPCA fiscally. With stage 2 moving forward, we have decided as a board to stick with our original assessment and vote to keep the pool closed for the season this year. We value and hope our members will understand this decision, as we have made it we have made it with everyone’s best interest at heart.
We will be continuing to post updates regarding the status of the MPCA facilities on our website and our blog so keep checking back! If you have any concerns feel free to reach out.