The Mount Pleasant Community Cleanup is scheduled for Sunday, May 7th, from 9 am – 2 pm in the Sportsplex Parking Lot.
This event is organized by the MPCA Green Initiatives Committee and supported by The City of Calgary and is open to all Calgarians regardless of their location in the city. There is no charge for placing items in the City of Calgary trucks. To find out which community associations are hosting cleanup events and for full event details, please visit Community Cleanups (calgary.ca).
The following items will be accepted for recycling:
- Mattresses & Car Seats (Re-Matt Inc.)
- Electronics (Technotrash Alberta Ltd. see attached list of accepted items)
- Metal (Recon Metal)
- Batteries, oral care products and packaging, razors and blades, CFL bulbs, expired medications, and all brands of empty cosmetics packaging (Tricky Trash)
- Tire and rim recycling
- Landfill (City of Calgary)
- Donations (T.B.D)
We will also have a dedicated table for donations and swap items such as clothes, household items, toys, and furniture. These items can be picked up for free by anyone attending the cleanup event, and any remaining items will be donated to a charity (to be confirmed).
The Playgroup will also be hosting a toy swap table.
If possible, please consider bringing a non-perishable food item or toiletries to donate to our community pantry.
Please note that compost and recycling trucks will not be provided, so please save those items for your green and blue carts at home to prevent them from being mixed in with regular garbage. Refer to the What Goes Where? (calgary.ca) guide on calgary.ca for a list of items that are recyclable
Please don’t bring the following items as they will not be accepted:
- Car batteries
- Glass (e.g. windowpanes, glass tabletops)
- Household appliances with Freon (e.g. refrigerators, freezers)
- Microwaves (not accepted by City, but listed as acceptable by Technotrash, see attachment)
- Liquids (e.g. cooking oils)
- Large metal items (e.g. lawnmowers, barbeques)
- Railway ties
- Sod or dirt
- Household hazardous waste
For information on how to dispose of hazardous waste, please see calgary.ca for drop-off locations.