Mount Pleasant Community Association (MPCA) membership is an excellent way to support your community. Calgary's rapid growth has made it harder to develop a sense of belonging and community. Join your MPCA, participate in community activities, and help to foster a small town feeling within our great, but big, city. Please purchase or renew your membership today!
Purchase A Membership
You have 3 ways to purchase a membership:
- Apply Online
- Apply for membership on line and mail in your payment
- Mail in both your application and payment.
Membership fees collected help to support:
- The Pulse, the MPCA monthly newsletter
- Community facilities such as the Sportsplex and Hall
- Children's soccer, hockey and ringette subsidies, and pool programs
- Special events to bring residents together and build community
You will receive e-mail confirmation of your membership number and membership period in place of a membership card. If you forget your membership number, you will be able to Retrieve Membership Details.
MPCA memberships are the best deal in town:
Mount Pleasant Residents
$15.00 per membership year per family
Mount Pleasant Senior Residents
$5.00 per membership year per family
Mount Pleasant Life Members
Mount Pleasant New Residents*
Free the first membership year in the community
$25.00 per membership year per family
* New residents are ones who moved into Mount Pleasant since the previous September 1.
Our Membership Year runs from date of purchase.
Types of Membership
- Full Members are Mount Pleasant residents who have purchased a current MPCA membership.
- Associate Members reside outside of Mount Pleasant and have purchased a current MPCA membership.
- Life Members are Mount Pleasant residents who have been Full Members for at least 10 years, are age 65 or older, and have applied to become a Life Member.
- Honorary Members have been recognized by a resolution at the General Meeting for their significant contribution to MPCA.
Only Full Members and Life Members can vote at MPCA Annual General Meetings.
Personal information provided by community association members will not be used or passed on for any purpose other than to meet MPCA requirements.
Benefits of Membership
- Membership is an opportunity to support your community.
- Members can purchase monthly passes for the Mount Pleasant outdoor pool.
- Members recieve reduced cost for Swimming lessons at the Mount Pleasant outdoor pool.
- Hockey and ringette subsidies are available for members’ children.
- Members have free public skating at the Mount Pleasant Sportsplex.
- Members get discounted ticket prices for community Special Events.
- Membership is required for participation in the Soccer and PlayGroup programs.
- Only Mount Pleasant residents with MPCA membership can vote at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and sit on the Board of Directors.
- Members receive e-mail notice of City matters affecting Mount Pleasant, upcoming Special Events, volunteer opportunities, and the AGM.
- Members may qualify for reduced group home and auto insurance rates (based on experience); go to ToolePeet.
Volunteers Make a Difference
The MPCA and the programs it offers are made possible through the time and energy of our volunteers. Will you make a difference for your community? Volunteers can help out in a variety of ways and be involved for shorter and longer periods of time. If you are interested in volunteering, please indicate your areas of interest when purchasing your membership or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyone making a donation to the community association will receive an official receipt for income tax purposes. You can make a general donation or target a specific need. All donations are gratefully accepted.